Laminate floors are rising in popularity. So it's understandable that the need for
cleaning instructions for such an ultra-durable product is on the rise as well.
Your first stop is to check the cleaning instructions given by the manufacturer.
They will usually have a web site where you can print off the directions. Cleaning instructions might vary by brand, so be sure to check yours first.
Here are some of the more common hints for cleaning.
- Dust mop regularly to remove dirt and grit. If using a vacuum, be sure to set the height on "high" so the beater bar doesn't strike the surface.
- Check the bottom of your shoes regularly. You can get scratches on the floor from the dirt on the soles of your shoes. It sort of acts similar to
sandpaper as you walk across your floors.
- If you have pets, keep their nails clipped regularly to help prevent scratching.
- Never slide anything heavy across the floor. Always pick up your furniture to move it.
- Don't use polishes, waxes, abrasive scouring powder or steel wool on your floors.
- Put the manufacturer's recommended cleaner in a spray bottle. Lightly mist a section of the floor. Wipe with a dry, soft cloth or soft string mop. Move on to
the next section.
With the proper care, your laminate flooring should remain durable and beautiful.